- Kielder Forest, Northumberland
- Formby on the Sefton Coast
- Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
- Brownsea Island, Dorset
- Wallington, Northumberland
- Newtown, Isle of Wight
- Clocaenog forest, Denbighshire
- Hiraethog Forest, Denbighshire
- Coed y Brenin, Gwynedd
- Isle of Anglesey
- Culbokie Wood, Highlands
- Bennachie, Aberdeenshire
- Culbin, Moray
- Galloway Forest Park, Dumfries and Galloway
- Kilmichael Forest, Argyll and Bute
Locations marked with an * require a permit. Enquire through Ulster Wildlife Trust
- Crom Estate, Co. Fermanagh
- Florence Court, Co Fermanagh
- Colin Glen Forest Park, near Dunmurry
- Mount Stewart, Co Down
- Blessingbourne, Co. Tyrone * Nr Fivemiletown, just E along the A4 (park in reserve).
- Strabane Glen, Co. Tyrone* 2Km NE along A5. Take B49 E, then first right turn (park at end of track).
- Hawthorne Hill, Co. Down (near Meigh). SW along the B113, enter Slieve Gullion Forest and turn N to car park at site.
- Rostrevor Forest, Co. Down Rostrevor 1Km E along A2 (car park at NW end of reserve). No access off paths.
- Mount Stewart, Co. Down (National Trust) Nr Greyabbey, 3Km NW along A 20 (use NT car park).
- Ness Wood Near Derry, Co. Londonderry 8Km SE on A6, then 3Km E to Ervey Cross roads, turn right to junction and right again to country park car park
- Shanes Castle, Near Antrim, Co. Antrim 1Km W along A6. Car park in grounds. Open Easter to Sept on selected days. Winter visits by arrangement with RSPB warden
- Glenariff Forest. Near Cargan, Co. Antrim 5Km NE A43. Use Forest Car Park