1) Goldfinches prefer hanging seed feeders containing sunflower hearts or nyjer seed.
2) Buy good quality seed from a reputable source.
3) Store food in a cool, clean, dry environment to minimise fungal or bacterial contamination.
4) Use a purpose made nyjer seed feeder. Ideal for Goldfinches slender beaks.
5) Seedeaters get very thirsty so provide a supply of fresh water.
6) Late winter and early spring is a time when their natural food is especially scarce.
7) Clean your feeding station daily to prevent disease and remove any uneaten food.